Existing Member?

The Art That Lives

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 15 June 2011 | Views [919] | Scholarship Entry

A country’s culture is more than the certain aspects that define a society. Culture is defined by the people who strive to preserve it, and it was one of those people who inspired the documentary “Encajes”. Ana is an artist who dedicates her time to create and teach the craft of bobbin-lace making, an art that has fought the passage of time and found refuge in the artists who value its significance to Puerto Rican culture.

I am currently pursuing an MFA in Film Production at the University of Miami and my goal is to make documentaries. My desire to become a documentary filmmaker has been fueled by the work of filmmakers who are unafraid to expose the realities that are unnoticed in today’s world. I believe in the power of filmmaking to educate, and feel that it is my duty to use this tool responsibly.

Every aspect of the visual language of film is one of the most significant aesthetic ingredients in a worthy piece of cinema. As a filmmaker I strive to create new ways to capture reality and to do so while refining my craft and I know that this scholarship will provide a challenge and an invaluable learning experience that will help me develop great filmmaking skills for the future.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About noelis


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.